October 30, 2008

RRSA! (Rachel Ray Strikes Again!)






We have copious TV's in the office. They're all over the place and most are on CNN 24/7, which is fine by me. So imagine my abject horror when walking down the hall to the copy room, one of the TV's was on The Rachel Ray Show. Before I continue, let me once again state: I can’t stand Rachel Ray. I can't stand the casseroles, I can't stand the fake cheeriness, and I can't stand that she finds it perfectly ok to ruin something as divine as Olive Oil by calling it EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil).

Back to my story:
It's bad enough that her, ahem, "show" was on. It was bad enough that someone, (and I don't know who, but I'll fish them out), changed the mind-advancing, informational bastion that is CNN for the pure drivel, idiocy and mind numbing that is The Rachel Ray, ahem, "Show" -- all of these things were cause enough for this rant... but it gets worst.

On today's, ahem, "show" RR gave a woman a SARAH PALIN MAKEOVER! Oh my God, if Nicholas Cage (someone who makes my skin crawl) had walked on stage I would have had a heart attack right then and there. The woman who is single handedly bringing us back to the 1950’s Betty Crocker culinary world, giving women makeovers in the style of the woman who would single handedly bring us back to the intellectual dark ages that were, well, the Dark Ages? Surely, this IS the end of days.

But now that I think about it, isn't it perfect? In fact thinking about it more, it's a casserole dream come true! I can see them now, Sarah having had just killed a baby seal by throwing a Jesus bomb on its head from a helicopter, lovingly handing over the carcass to Rachel who with all the culinary genius she possesses, serves her very best Taco Surprise for Sunday dinner.

For those of you who think I'm exaggerating about these recipes by the way, yesterday's recipe on her, ahem, "show", was a Turkey Patty Melt. A Patty Melt? You need a recipe for this? Rachel, darlin', you mean you made something that is basically nothing more than a grilled cheese sandwich, and threw some Turkey in it, this close to Thanksgiving??? How did you come up with it girl? Genius, pure genius.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! Rachael Ray must be stopped. I can't stand her or her show--she just has too many teeth and "delish" is not a word. I've got your back!